*WE WILL TRAIN NEW EMPLOYEES!
As a Technique Leather Restoration specialist, you will be required to restore damaged and worn leather furniture and vehicle interiors. This job also requires rejuvenating worn leather pieces to their original brilliance in terms of color and sheen. All services are done in customers’ homes or in furniture warehouses which makes professionalism and customer service skills essential. You will be trained on our current product line which we use for every job and taught our restoration style that has been used for 30 years. Currently, we are hiring an assistant to our senior technicians on the job. This position has the potential to transition from an hourly position to a contractor making commission off each job. High earning potential!
- Restore leather furniture to quality in customers’ homes
- Maintain a professional and neat appearance
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism while working with customers
- Maintain daily work goals and records; must own a smartphone with Quickbooks App capability for sales. (Company does NOT provide work phone)
- Possess skills to upsell or create client relations for additional restoration work
- Exhibit flexibility and adaptability to changing job requirements
- Support our other technicians in larger jobs and work as a cohesive team
- 1-3 years’ experience in woodworking, upholstery and leather repair, faux finishing, paint color matching, coatings and finishes on various surfaces preferred but not required!!
- Ability to repair and sew leather/fabric
- Exceptional color matching and shade matching is required*
- Ability to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and making quick on the job decisions
- Experience multitasking on numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to lift and mobilize items up to 50lbs, bend/stand for long periods of time, withstand long periods of manual labor which includes intensive cleaning of leather surfaces.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license must have a personal vehicle; the job requires travel to various cities across Illinois and some parts of Indiana.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $24.00 per hour starting with commission potential